I’ve been meaning to knit a vintage beret pattern for so long now, and this beret pattern really ticked a lot of boxes for me.
I needed one to cover my bad-hair days, and wear to work when I ran out of time setting my hair! (I’ve gotten it down to 45 minutes, so, not too bad).
It was an interesting knit made by making each triangle separately, seaming them up, then knitting from the edges down to the band.
The pattern comes from my Etsy store, its Bestway B2515 – but i’m pretty sure the pattern image has an early example of photoshoppery on it, as mine doesnt really look like that!
I was impressed with the yardage on the yarn (Brooklyn Tweed LOFT) but not so much with the breakage. Its very fragile, but very pretty. I know a lot of knitters are huge fans of it, but I’m not sure I’d use it again.
I knitted the pattern exactly as written, except for the little tab on top – I made mine shorter.
Overall, very pleased and I can’t wait to wear it out properly. Its converted me to berets, and I think I may have to make the Pictorial Beret from A Stitch in Time Vol 2 very soon (especially after seeing lovely versions, like Tasha’s).