This jumper nearly killed me – I had a lot of issues with the instructions as well as my own mistakes. I tinked, frogged and ripped back more times than I can count (this was supposed to be a quick knit – 4 weeks in my mind!).
Then I spilt a glass of red wine over it and had to wash it on the needles.
I do love it now though, and it’ll be great for Summer!
The yarn is Moda Vera Gelato – a suprisingly nice cotton/acrylic blend from Spotlight, and the buttons are from my stash.
- – Increased total height of body by half a pattern repeat. Made sure the front and back yokes matched pattern-wise.
- – Used the same size needle for the body and the ribbing.
- – After the ribbing, I only did approx 2/3 of the increases required to avoid the blousing effect. Then I increased the rest of the stitches up the sides evenly until I got the right stitch count.
- – Increased height of front and back yokes by an inch.
- – Decreased width of yoke by 2 sts each side.
- – Re-worked sleeve heights so they looked normal! I swapped the ‘Decrease 2 sts each side of every row, until 51 sts remained’ to ‘decrease 2 sts each side of every row 5 times, then only on the K rows until 51 sts remained’. Much better.
- – Picked up 80 sts for the collar, instead of seaming one on.
- – Knitted shoulder pads.
- – Solid black bows knitted in moss stitch.