“The Lux Book 1941”
Complete 64-page booklet scanned into a high resolution PDF. A great example of War-era knitting in Australia, showing the transition from late thirties fashions to the more conservative forties.
Lux Knitting Books – highly collectable and highly prized, Lux’s smart styling and quirky illustrations make them highly popular with the vintage knitting aficionado. Mainly published in Canada, the UK and Australia, this is the Australian edition printed with dark brown ink on tea coloured paper.
An example of contents include:
– sideways knitted cardigan jacket (on the cover)
– fairisle jumper and shirt suit
– bell patterned spring jumper
– button back ‘turnabout’ jumper
– many more women’s cardigan and jumper designs
– men’s pullover
– childrens and babies designs
This Lux was in terrible condition (stained and torn, it’d been through World War II and back again!). While I have cleaned it up greatly, some of the wear is visible in the scans but this doesn’t affect the readability of the patterns.
Please note all my patterns have a faint watermark.