“Stitchcraft No.113” – definitely the early 1940s due to mentions of the WAAF, coupons and rationing. Complete 24-page booklet scanned into a high resolution PDF.
This is my personal favourite issue of Stitchcraft – its fabulous!
An example of contents include:
– how to make a mexican inspired hat (cover image) and fez-hat
– amazing striped capelet with exaggerated shoulders
– underwear set
– embroidery designs
– pattern for a sewn and embroidered tulle evening blouse
– recipe ideas for potatoes
– pages and pages of advertising!
This edition refers to ‘salvaging’ paper – in all forms – think of the knitting patterns that were destroyed to make more paper.
Please note all my patterns have a faint watermark.