“Stitchcraft No 100″ December 1940 – the Christmas edition
Complete 32- page booklet scanned into a high resolution PDF.
Stitchcraft – the monthly handcraft magazine. Well known for their beautifully coloured covers and ‘different’ knitwear designs (you’ll never see just a basic twinset in Stitchcraft).
An example of contents include:
– colourful cables jumper in size 32-34″
– checked cables in size 34-35”
– a crochet bunny cot cover
– fair isle slippers
– frilled gloves
– hand made christmas tree and necklaces
– new ideas for decorating lamps
– darned sip mat
– fake flowers
– balaclavas for the forces (and sea mittens)
– embroidered dragon blotter + teapot stand
– knitted hot water bottle cover
-bedjacket for a friend
– war time Christmas baking
– pages and pages of advertising!
This edition does not have the transfer pattern
Please note all my patterns have a faint watermark.