“Let KNITTING be your NATIONAL SERVICE”
A great WWII-era knitting pattern for a turban/head-scarf and gloves set, from Sirdar.
- Yarn: fingering weight yarn,
- Needles: alternating between UK 4 and 10 (metric 3.25mm and 6mm) needles for the turban. The gloves are knitted on UK 14 (metric 2mm) needles.
Instructions for tying a turban:
– place the middle of the scarf at the centre front of your forehead
– bring the ends around your head to the back, twist them around and bring them back to the front.
– tie a knot. Tie another knot.
– tuck one of the ends in the top (left hand side) of the scarf, tuck the other in the lower right.
Please note all my patterns have a faint watermark.