I only realised recently that I didn’t own a plain black blouse, how remiss!
I remembered this pattern in my collection – it’s Simplicity 1728 from 1946 – and set to making a test.
The size 36 fit really well across my shouolders, and I only needed slight adjustments for the rest:
- Added width to the hips
- Did a 1/4 inch Full Bust Adjustments (it’s very blousy)
- Changed the sleeves to a bishop sleeve
- Added 1/4 inch to the side seams
For fabric, it’s just plain viscose challis from Minerva – well priced and good quality. I also used vintage buttons from my stash.
100% will use this pattern again, in fact I’ve ordered more fabric to make another!